Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital and Clinic are pleased to offer a referral service for cardiology and respiratory with Neil Walmsley MVB CertAVP MRCVS.
About Neil Walmsley
Neil Walmsley MVB CertAVP MRCVS, a 1996 graduate of University College Dublin, provides a referral service for cardio-respiratory medicine and surgery.
Neil has always had a passion for cardio-respiratory medicine and has attended numerous post-graduate training courses in the UK. In 2014 he enrolled on the Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice in conjunction with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Neil has successfully completed these certificate exams, in doing so, has had to report how he has managed over 200 cardio-respiratory cases, has been assessed both by submission of his work online and by written and oral examination at the University of Edinburgh.
Neil can provide the following services at Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital
- Full doppler echocardiography (including spectral and colour-flow) for investigation of congenital and acquired heart disease
- Six lead ECG recording and analysis
- Holter monitoring (monitoring of ECG for up to seven days if necessary, used in the investigation of syncope or collapse)
- Reveal loop recorders for continuous ecg monitoring (used where the holter monitor did not pick up an intermittent irregularity of heart rhythm)
- Thoracic radiography (Neil is also happy to give his opinion on radiographs and discuss cases with referring vets)
- Bronchoscopy, using a new 3.2mm x 900mm R Wolf bronchoscope (often used for investigation of chronic coughing and lung disease)
- Rhinoscopy (for investigation of chronic nasal discharge, nasal neoplasia, fungal nasal disease)
Surgical services offered at Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital include
- Biopsy of pulmonary masses
- Lung lobectomy
- Patent ductus arteriosus ligation
- Vascular ring anomalies
- Pericardectomy for pericardial effusions
- Surgical management of pneumothorax
If you would like to book an appointment with Neil you can call Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital on 02892 683711. Neil is also available for emergency appointments 24/7.